Skip to main content





20/11/17



Nigella - At My Table
      Still A Domestic Goddess





 Image result for nigella lawson


As Autumn approaches the season of the big name cookbooks and television series appear, along with celebrity biographies.  So what better time for me to review Nigella: at my table,  and the television series as I don't have the book yet.


I have been a massive fan of Nigella's since 'How to be a Domestic Goddess' then found myself eagerly looking for other books she may have published, always on the look out for the next new book.



A little while ago, actually I think it was her last television series, Nigella was rebuked for making avocado on toast, which I must add, I absolutely love to eat.  Now she's back on our screen with Nigella: At My Table, which is on my Christmas wish list.  Making Turkish poached eggs with garlic infused yogurt, on sourdough toast, yuck, now this is one recipe that just doesn't appeal to me at all, Poached eggs are something I have to fancy anyway, let alone add garlic infused yogurt to it, but then, we all have different pallets right.


So far my favourite recipes are the brie and fig sandwich, what a delight, it was like an orchestra playing to my taste buds, the creaminess of the brie together with the sweetness of the figs was just delightful.  Oh I also need to add the pea and chicken tray bake to my favourites list, if you are in a hurry and don't have time to prepare a full on meal, this takes no time at all to put together, just pop the ingredients into an ovenproof dish, pop into the oven, this dish allows you to have a quick shower, catch up on chores, then voila, enjoy.

The next couple of dishes I'm looking forward to making are the 'no churn' ice cream and the glorious looking 'herby leg of lamb'.  
I have flicked through some of the pages of the book, as always the pictures and illustrations look as appealing as ever, drawing me into each and every recipe, but as I say, I haven't purchased it because its on my 'want for Christmas list'.

It looks like a great book especially for beginners, cooks looking for new ideas or if you feel you have exhausted all you culinary ideas, I feel sure it will inspire you to try some of the recipes.

I have seen Nigella: at my table as a cover price of £26, but many retailers have discounted it by half, so its worth shopping around for it.

I am truly loving the television series so far, I think it's the simplicity of the recipes that i have seen so far, nothing seems too complicated. So roll on tonight when I like to settle down and indulge with a glass of wine or two, mesmerised by the recipes on my television screen.


Until next time my lovelies, stay safe and stay fabulous.


Love


Lesleyanne xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11th September 2019 THEM BONES,THEM BONES, there's a song in there somewhere   Good Morning My Lovelies, Well it's been some time since i sat down to write a blog, in fact way too long, Lesleyanne consider yourself told off. So why has it been so long i hear you asking, well, besides life and sometimes obstacles that get in the way leaving no time to actually sit down with my laptop and be creative. Someone has been a silly girl, yes that's right a silly girl, you've guessed it right, of course I'm talking about me. It was a lovely summers evening, so i say to my husband Chris "lets take the dogs for a walk" all three dogs Oscar 15 year old Jack Russell, Teddy 19 month old Pomeranian and Elsie 18 month old Chihuahua all running around with excitement as we get their harnesses out, running in and out of our legs, leads getting twisted and tangled, finally we are ready to go, checked pockets for poop bags, yep got those, so off w
Growing Old Disgracefully - July 2018 OK so this month I want to talk about highs and lows of life and how I manage them.   Who said retirement was the time of your life when it's time to sit back, maybe enjoy a hobby, cooking or whatever floats your boat, well, whoever they were, they were wrong.  In reality I struggle with making time for everyone, by this I mean my Husband Chris, I am semi retired and work from home as a Self Employed Dog Boarder, a Mother and a Grandmother.   When I retired from paid employment I had a vision.  So picture this - waking up in the morning, enjoying my first morning coffee in bed, followed by my next two cups at the breakfast table reading the newspaper while enjoying seeded toast spread with manuka honey, walks along the beach with Chris hand in hand, stopping off for lunch where ever our fancy led us, then cosy nights in watching our favourite soap's on TV with a TV dinner and a gin and tonic, oh and lets not forget the h

Why I'm Trying Derma Rolling

21st August 2017 Disclaimer - The following are my own personal findings, I am not a qualified beauty therapist WHY I'M TRYING DERMA ROLLING AND HOLDING BACK ON BOTOX Hello my lovelies, Today I thought I would chat about Derma Rolling, this is rapidly becoming a passion of mine.  So let's get chatting about it, and my own experience using it at home. Back in April this year i decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first ever derma roller from Amazon, why, because i began seeing more and more women talking about it, so I decided to research it, and why it is apparently the "new botox". A little confused as to whether i should start with a 0.2mm derma roller or 0.5mm, i opted for the the 0.5mm being as i'm a tough cookie, and most of the reviews i read suggested starting with a 0.5 if you wanted to see more of an immediate result.  The first time I used it I really wasn't sure how hard or soft to roll, but you very quickly find out by your pa